Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nooma

This is exactly what I needed to hear this weekend. I've been struggling to come to terms with me declaring a major. I've talked to professors, friends, family, mentors and all I seem to feel is pulled in different directions, tempted to please one person or the other. I have yet to make a decision because I need to see how I like my classes this semester, but I think it is important to ask yourself the question, "What is it that I have said yes to?"Rob Bell also states in the video something really profound: Do not do anything out of obligation.

  • "We need to examine the rhythms of our lives if we are ever going to will the one thing in our life..."
  • "Being busy is a drug that a lot of people are addicted to."
  • Focus your energies
  • What's my path?
  • Withdraw, listen to God/myself
  • "May you drop your shells in the pursuit of a simple, disciplined, focused life in which you pursue the few things God has for you."
Nooma- where Rob Bell posts his videos

No comments:

Post a Comment